AirShip Technologies Group
All AirShipTG positions are part-time volunteer collaborative technology roles and at this time are un-paid roles serving the project. To Apply for these roles, please select and complete the Team Member Registration and email your resume to [email protected] We will be in touch with you.
Role Description: Responsible to work with AirShipTG collaboration teams to develop a computer aided design (CAD) Physical Vehicle Mockup Plan, support the plan with details, drawings, information and timing, and execute the plan including physical clay or other materials based rendition to the required completion dates. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Generates technical engineering solutions for vehicle development
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Performs complex design analysis
- Develops engineering designs (including subsystems)
- Implements engineering changes
- Initiates documents to provide engineering authority and maintain vehicle specification data
- Defines system requirements
- Solves engineering related problems
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers and others to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and support build programs
- Plans and implements test and/or development and construction programs
- Releases parts and subsystems for production
- Communicates information to and from internal and external organizations working in concert with AirShipTG
- Coordinates and consults with AirShipTG management and teams outside engineering, such as manufacturing
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products for green house gas reduction
Air/Vehicle Calibration Specialist
Role Description: Responsible for design, development, measurement, testing and control of AirShipTG engineering projects where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and standards. Exercise technical direction over engineering support team. Use independent judgment, but does receive direct guidance from the AirShipTG management. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Electric motor selection and calibration in AirShipTG’s VTOL UAV propulsion system.
- Selection and development of computer algorithms for AirShip’s hybrid vehicle propulsion that adapts and is self-supporting with the use of Lithium-ion battery packs.
- Confirm that software complies with algorithm definitions.
- Support overall team to assure algorithms meet air/vehicle/motor technical requirements
- Participate in review/documentation processes.
- Develop and provide functional calibration sub-sets for each electric motor/diagnostic subsystem utilizing calibration synchronization standards for all air/vehicle operations.
- Confirm function and update calibration sub-sets for each drive-by-wire and fly-by-wire software release.
- Participate in all season/multi-location testing to assure common approach and to support functional calibrations.
- Initiate and coordinate air and ground transit testing required to support functional calibrations.
- Document testing done to create algorithms and calibrations.
- Review and compare Final Subsystem Calibrations at each release milestone (65%, 80%, 95%, 99%, 100%)
- Identify requirements for AirShip production air/vehicles’ turbo-shaft and electric rotor motors, instrumentation required to generate algorithms and calibrations.
- Integrate use of modeling, simulation, combustion analysis, and other in calibration development.
- Support resolution of vehicle or AirShipTG issues related to algorithm and calibration.
- Prepare air/vehicle service documentation and procedures.
- Reduce product development lead time in the calibration process.
- Perform design analysis.
- Assist in developing engineering designs.
- Assist in implementing engineering changes.
- Initiate documents to provide engineering authority and to maintain air/vehicle specification data.
- Participate in solution of engineering related product problems (Root Cause Analysis).
- Provide technical direction to support team.
- Work with engineering functions, suppliers and others to implement cost reduction, methods improvement, product improvements, and to support build programs.
- Execute product plans with AirShipTG management guidance.
- Release simple parts for production.
- Communicate information to and from internal and external AirShipTG customer organizations.
- Coordinate and consult with AirShipTG teams outside engineering.
- Regular communications with project team and others outside the immediate work group.
- Stay abreast of new technology and competitive products for solar fabric alternative energy use.
Project and Special Engineering Tech
Role Description: Perform the more specialized and/or electrical build, test and repair work on experimental or prototype products, components, and equipment and develop work duties to established standards, specifications and instructions. Work under the general direction of an AirShipTG team lead, with assistance only as needed to handle unusual situations. Occasionally instruct lesser experienced team members. Work duties involve a definite degree of skill, accuracy and coordination. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Perform all required test procedures and checks to ensure compliance to air/vehicle Test Code.
- Create quality standards.
- Perform all related standards and non standard test procedures for Lithium-ion battery packs.
- Evaluate test data with specialized instrumentation.
- Perform vehicle emission tests for both green house gases exhaust and evaporative tests.
- Perform the more specialized mechanical and/or electrical tests on product components or series of components
- Maintain records on work performed, analyze data collected and report results.
- Install, operate and maintain laboratory test equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop and build laboratory test.
- Repair experimental or prototype products or components to correct malfunction.
- Connect electric motors to monitors, compute results of tests, and identify malfunctioning units.
- Virtual collaboration contact with others inside and outside the work group.
- Analyze problems involving the gathering and interpreting of data.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project.
- Coordinate input from internal/external AirShipTG management and teams to better understand the team’s needs and/or perceptions.
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities.
Manufacturing and Project Engineer Lead
Role Description: Responsible for design, development, testing, and control of major engineering AirShipTG projects involving tools; equipment and manufacturing processes in a distributed virtual manufacturing engineering activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. May lead team(s) or exercise technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel with specific engineering objectives. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Prepare & deliver status reports to AirShipTG leadership.
- Assist Technical Subject Matter Experts.
- Propose and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment.
- In support of the AirShip design, finalize the design for close engineering requirements and for improvements in the manufacturing processes and vehicle production.
- Interacts on a regular basis with design and product engineering activities to determine manufacturing feasibility of product design aspects.
- Provide technical direction to engineering support team and outside vendor supplier design sources.
- Assist Root Cause Analysis process.
- Diagnosis and correct deficiencies in manufacturing processes.
- Stay abreast of new technology, including drive-by-wire, computer graphics, and computer controls.
- Coordinate engineering projects.
Role Description: Responsible for design, development, testing, and control of major engineering projects involving tools, equipment and manufacturing processes in a collaborative, distributed, virtual manufacturing engineering activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. May provide technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel with specific engineering objectives. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Propose and manufacture processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- In support of the AirShip design, direct the finalization of the design, development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Evaluate expenditures for processes and/or equipment.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and or project
- Maintain cost controls.
- Provide technical assistance and training for assigned team members.
- Coordinate input from internal/external AirShipTG customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise, especially by performing business intelligence of Automotive X PRIZE competitor products.
Air/Vehicle Power Propulsion Plant and Env. Engineer
Role Description: Perform functions or coordinate duties in a staff activity under the general direction of AirShipTG management. Assist in program and procedure development and maintenance. Work involves a high level of independent judgment and the ability to make decisions within the limits of general practices and procedures. Occasionally instruct or assign work to others. All AirShipTG roles are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles.
- Gather and analyze data to prepare Green House Gas (GHG) environmental reduction requirements and reports.
- Serve as technical engineer for AirShip’s hybrid fuel-to-electric power propulsion.
- Maintain cost controls in environmental operations and systems.
- Initiate and prepare specifications and/or design drawings to implement environmental projects and meet schedules as required.
- Provide technical direction, support and coordination for vehicle environmental activities.
- Interface with other teams, groups, suppliers, and regulatory agencies.
- Perform routine analytical testing.
- Regularly exchange information with others within AirShipTG teams.
- Plan, develop and conduct required green house gas reduction environmental processes.
- Negotiate, communicate and resolve air/vehicle environmental and noise issues with both internal and external constituencies.
- Remain current with new technology and new governmental regulations dealing with and applying this information in day-to-day production activities.
- Initiate and prepare specifications and/or design drawings to implement propulsion environmental requirements and meet schedules as required.
Interns and Internships
Description. Provide a full-time college student with practical work experience in an academic field of study deemed useful to AirShipTG. Work involves a variety of duties related to the student's field of study and the various AirShip components. All AirShipTG roles, including internships, are part-time volunteer collaborative technology opportunities and as such are un-paid roles at this time.
COLLEGE STUDENT INTERN
- · Strong oral and written communications skills
- · Strong analytical ability
- · Good academic standing
- · Currently enrolled in a program working toward attainment of an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university
- · Degree being sought must fit with future business needs of AirShipTG.
Examples of VTOL UAV's